- Food Standards and Agricultural Product Exports.
- Measuring the Effect of Food Safety Standards on China’s Agricultural Exports
2018.04.05 (Thu) ? 12:00~13:20
Seminar room 406, Graduate School of International Agricultural Technology
5. Main contents
○ Test the effect of the residue standards on China’s export of vegetables (Chlorpyrifos MRL) and aquatic products (Oxytetracycline MRL)
○ Gravity model
○ China’s agricultural product trade is sensitive to variations in food safety standards: Higher food safety standards imposed by importing countries have a negative and statistically significant effect on China’s exports of agricultural products.
○ Trade effect of the same relative change in food safety standards is much larger than that of a change in the import tariff
○ Origins and of testing procedures is important to reduce uncertainty and therefore transactions costs in international trade
○ This article helps me know more about the method of research in this research fields. It is also the reason that I choose this article to present.