1. Research interested
Factors influencing rural household income.
2. Article / Journal
Natural Disasters, Household Welfare, and Resilience: Evidence from Rural Vietnam (2015)/ Mohamed Arouri, Cuong Nguyen and Adel Ben Yousef, /World Development
: Chanmi Yun
2018. 04. 18 (Wed) 12:00 ~ 13:30
Seminar room 406, Graduate School of International Agricultural Technology
6. Main contents
○ Estimate the effect of natural disasters on welfare and poverty of rural households in Vietnam
○ Examines household and community characteristics that can strengthen resilience of households to natural disasters
○ Use Vietnam Household Living Standard Surveys (VHLSS) in 2004, 2006, 2008, and 2010.
○ commune fixed-effects regression
○ All the three disaster types(floods, storms, droughts) have a negative effect on household income and expenditure
○ Micro-credit, internal remittances, and social allowances can help households mitigate the adverse effect of natural disasters.
○ The resilience level differs for different disaster types and varies across districts.