1. Research interested
- Consumer preference analysis, Mixed logit
2. Article /Journal
- Analysis of consumer demand for traceable pork in China based on a real choice experiment
- China Agricultural Economic Review
- Linhai Wu, Hongsha Wang, Dian Zhu
: Yeongseon Joo
- 2018.05.09 (Wed) ? 12:00~13:30
- Seminar room 406, Graduate School of International Agricultural Technology
6. Main contents
- Analyze Chinese consumers` preference for food safety information method and find out how government can implement the new information system.
- 215 consumers in Jiangsu Province. 12 questions per each interviewee, 8 question sets.
- 4 attributes used: farming information, slaughter and processing information, distribution and marketing information, government certification information.
- Real experiment: provide real money to interviewee and conduct experiment.
- Mixed Logit
- All information significantly and positively affected consumer utility. With more information given, consumer utility increased.
- Government certification was most preferred information. Government certification also had the highest WTP.
- The authors recommended policy to have standardized system. The information in the system should be diversified. The policy should encourage food producers to produce diversified traceable pork products in order to increase consumer utility.
- For future suggestions, the system should include information of production and consumption stages of the pork supply chain such as government certification and farming.