1. Research interested
Effect of Land Ownership on Agricultural Productivity in Cambodia
2. Article / Journal
Property Rights and Productivity: The Case of Joint Land Titling in Vietnam (2015) / Carol Newman, Finn Tarp, and Katleen van den Broeck / Land Economics
: Jungwook Ahn
2018. 05. 23. (Wed) - 11:30 ~ 13:00
Seminar room 406, Graduate School of International Agricultural Technology
6. Main contents
○ This paper analyses the impact of land titling on rice productivity by identifying a positive association between land titling and productivity using a household-plot panel dataset collected over a five-year period in Vietnam
○ The paper investigate the extent to which there is treatment heterogeneity in the impact of land titling on productivity by considering the difference between individual and jointly held titles.
○ household-fixed-effects model
○ plot-fixed-effects model
○ Obtaining a LUC has productivity enhancing effects regardless of the name structure, as long as household names are included in the LUC.
○ Holding a title in two names has greater productivity effects than holding a title in one name.
○ Joint titling has the potential for impact on broader welfare outcomes for women and their families.