The effects of land titling on agricultural productivity and land value in rural Cambodia
2. Article / Journal
The impact of land property rights interventions on investment and agricultural productivity in developing countries: a systematic review (2017) Steven Lawry, etc / Journal of Development Effectiveness
: Jungwook Ahn
2018. 07. 25. (Wed) - 12:00 ~ 13:30
Seminar room 406, Graduate School of International Agricultural Technology
6. Main contents
○ This paper conducted a systematic review on the effects of land rights on agricultural productivity, investment and other relevant outcomes.
○ The study synthesizes 20 quantitative studies and 9 qualitative studies that passed a methodological screening.
○ Systematic review
○ The results indicate substantial productivity and income gains from land tenure recognition, although gains differ markedly by region.
○ These effects may operate through gains in perceived tenure security and investment, but there is no evidence for a credit mechanism.
○ The qualitative synthesis highlights potential adverse effects.
○ The conclusion emphasizes the need for further research on inter-regional differences and on the role of customary tenure arrangements.