1. Research interested
Gender mainstreaming on agricultural sector
2. Article / Journal
Can group farms outperform individual family farms? Empirical insights from India (2018) Bina Agarwal/ World Development
: JIEUN KIM
2018. 12. 05 (Wed) ? 12:00 ~ 13:50
Seminar room 406, Graduate School of International Agricultural Technology
6. Main contents
○ The productivity and profitability of group farms comparing to individual family farms in same region.
○ The difference of performance among group farms in different regions.
○ Additional sociological impacts which group farming brings about.
○ Production Function and OLS, Ordinary Least Squared regression
○ Productivity of group farms in Telangana is worse than its individual farms. However, Kerala’s group farms do much better on productivity than its individual farms.
○ Profitability of both region’s group farms is much better than its individual farms. Especially, group farms in Kerala get five times higher net returns per farm than its individual farms.